light.

light.
we live our lives BRAVE as we are continually finding LIGHT within our lives.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

at | ONE | ment

Today, I have been pondering on the POWER of the ATONEMENT. I have been thinking about the way in which it has brought much peace and strength to my life. I would like to share a personal experience that has put this more into PERSPECTIVE..

I broke my arm doing something that I had grown to really love, SOCCER. I took a nasty fall, and broke my arm/wrist. It was painful-- but it fully healed over time, with a cast to protect it, and with doctors to check in on me. But when I get tired or exhausted through playing soccer or running, sometimes my arm/wrist still hangs funny. It doesn't mean it's not fully HEALED-- it is a reminder to STAY STRONG, to remember experiences that have taught me BE strong, and that patience is developed through TIME to heal. Each individual injury needs different tools and different amount of time for it to heal. The doctor is aware of how to allow it to heal in the proper way.
For me, the Atonement works in my life in a similar way.
Even when we are fully HEALED through the power of the Atonement for spiritual injuries-- sometimes we get exhausted from the journey of LIFE, and we are reminded of the experiences we've had that have STRETCHED us. We begin to remember the struggles that have made us STRONGER, that have helped us BEcome more refined and patient. We allow our SAVIOR to work in our lives to let our spirits HEAL in the proper way.

I am grateful for the way the Atonement has worked within my life. It has allowed me to come closer to my Savior. I am grateful for Him and His infinite ATONEMENT. He knows me.

Alma 7**I'd invite you to read Alma 7-- it is Alma testifying of the Savior. It is a chapter that I hold close to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment