light.

light.
we live our lives BRAVE as we are continually finding LIGHT within our lives.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

What Are the Tender Mercies of the Lord?

"Since last October I have reflected repeatedly upon the phrase “the tender mercies of the Lord.” Through personal study, observation, pondering, and prayer, I believe I have come to better understand that the Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ. Truly, the Lord suits “his mercies according to the conditions of the children of men” (D&C 46:15). - Elder David A. Bednar

I love Elder Bednar's thoughts on TENDER MERCIES. This is a link to his thoughts-- 

I am grateful for the tender mercies I have seen and experienced throughout my life. I know they are real, that God is aware of me, He knows me. He FILLS my heart with JOY. It is ONLY through the infinite power of the ATONEMENT that he KNOWS us perfectly, LOVES us perfectly, and UNDERSTANDS us perfectly. I am grateFUL for my Savior every day.

Me and my companion sang, "I Need Thee Every Hour" this morning, and how true that is. Within every hour of the day-- he finds us. I know this to be true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment